Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Makeup Remover...from your kitchen

If you plans for Halloween include a lot of makeup (because it's awesome and fun and HALLOWEEN) then your plans should also include something to remove said makeup.  Now I tend to recommend items from name brands that I enjoy using however I don't want any of us using up tons of the good stuff on this project.  Enter: Coconut Oil.  I like the stuff in the jar from Trader Joe's but if you prefer someone other than Joe that's fine too.  

I suggest that before you head out on your Halloween evening that you set the coconut oil right on the bathroom counter...along with a dark towel.  This way it's right there when you get home...I'm always thinking of you my dear reader.  

Room temperature oil will be solid but will quickly melt as you gently (Key Word: gently) rub it in to remove the makeup.  Rinse and repeat as necessary...depending on how all out you went.  It will not be pretty, aren't you glad I told you to have that dark towel ready?  Follow up with your regular cleanser and a moisturizer, and go easy with your makeup the next day...give your skin some breathing room.  

Why am I suggesting coconut oil?  This guy sums it up best: "Coconut oil solubilizes or breaks up water-resistant substances used in eye shadow and mascara, releasing them from the skin and lashes," says cosmetic chemist Joseph Cincotta. And unlike a lot of traditional eye-makeup removers, it'll even leave your skin softer and younger-looking: "It's great for your skin, because it moisturizes and smooths," says Cincotta.  From Allure

Hope you have a very happy Halloween! Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!