Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween Reads: My October Picks

Halloween Reads

 
These are the stories that I've been reading this month to totally be one with the holiday spirits.
  1. The Lady and Her Monsters: A Tale of Dissections, Real Life Dr. Frankensteins, and the Creation of Mary Shelley's Masterpiece by Roseanne Montillo A lot of background into Mary Shelley's life and the science of the times.  Would totally recommend!
  2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley  After reading up on Mary, I had to read the story that brought her fame...which was originally published with as an writer Anonymous because who would think a woman could write such a thing? I really liked reading about Mary first then reading Frankenstein...but whatever order you choose is fine too. (PS: this title was available for free on my Kindle). 
  3. Dracula by Bram Stoker: This for me moved a little slowly, I need to remind myself that this was written before TV and movies...but overall it felt good to read about some early day vampires (you know before they got all sparkly and Hollywood).  (PS: another bargain as this title was under a dollar on Kindle)
  4. The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion by Jeff Baham: My least favorite read of this list...and it had so much potential.  It's got some decent trivia but it's so unorganized it just isn't worth paying for...luckily I borrowed this one for free.  Oh well, you win some you lose some. 
Happy Halloween...and as Elvira says "Unpleasant Dreams" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!