Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Getting started







https://tofubitch.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/resized_procrastination-panda-meme-generator-i-must-exercise-to-lose-weight-but-i-ll-do-it-tomorrow-79bcf7.jpg

Goal: Exercise more.
 What's stopping me? Myself.

In my head, I seem to think that I prefer to work out solo.  The thing about that is that it makes it increasingly easier to make excuses.  For all those articles that say "have a workout buddy", I've always thought "Nah, I'll go to a yoga class or head over to the gym on my own."  Then an hour passes (or two, or four) and I'm still on the couch.  Then I'm all...darn wasted today guess I'll go tomorrow.  This is all while having a membership to 24 Hour Fitness.  24 HOURS (and my gym is actually open during all that time)...how can I continually be making excuses?  You're guess is as good as mine.



https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2c/19/2d/2c192d45c740b02d1d4ae969c4780917.jpg

So, having a workout buddy is probably the better way to go for myself.  Luckily for me, I sent a simple "how ya doin" text to a friend the other day which turned into an invitation to go for a walk that evening.  While on our walk she mentioned making this a regular M-W-F outing.  I immediately agreed.  We didn't track our walk beyond the time (about 1 hour) and we weren't like speed walking or doing lunges or anything but we were out there and we were exercising. 


For me, I feel like once I begin working out it gets easier.  Having 3 nights a week that I know I will be active will (eventually) spur me on to be more active in general.  As much as I like to think that I enjoy spontaneity, I actually really like having structure.  The hardest part is getting started.

PS: 
https://walkingjoyblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/unknown2.jpeg
Hope you are all well and having a happy and healthy summer!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!