Friday, July 31, 2015

A letter to my doctor

As my regular doctor was out on maternity leave (very happy for her btw) I was left in the hands of the other doctor in the practice for my yearly check up.  At this appointment, I wanted to address my concerns that I am having difficulty losing weight even though I am actively working to do so.

Dear Dr. ______

I came in for my yearly physical exam this week and during the 15 minutes you spent with me I was able to bring up my concerns regarding weight loss.  I explained that I am currently at my heaviest weight ever and I can't seem to get the scale to budge.  I came to you for help.  I am aware of all the crazy diet pills and tricks and scams out there in the world, but I wanted your professional advice.

What I got from you was overwhelming negativity.  You opted to hand me a prescription only after telling me that I needed to be serious about losing weight.  You told me that I needed to diet (and only gave me suggestions to which diets I should look too after I asked you to be more specific).  You told me that you would not prescribe this to me again if it did not appear that I was taking my weight loss seriously....and based on your judgmental tone and scowl I doubt you think I do.

All in all I felt like a complete and total failure before I even got the prescription filled.  I now have 4 days to even get this prescription filled before it becomes void.  I did not come to you, a doctor, for sympathetic hand holding or a miracle drug.  I came for medical advice, suggestions from an actual doctor on the best way for me to lose weight and your professional opinion on how to proceed.  I feel that I got none of that in the short amount of time you set aside for me.

I am currently considering going to one of those diet doctors that advertise in the city's monthly coupon book...they seem nice and hopefully will have a few additional minutes to spend with me regarding my weight problem.

Sincerly,
I dislike your doctoring very much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!