I'm a fan. I feel like they offer more coverage than a tinted moisturizer and as California girl, I feel the added sun protection is a plus. Of the one's that I've tried Clinique's BB Cream (in shade 2, spf 30) remains my favorite. When I first used it, it seem thick on my skin and I would mix it with my foundation...over the first couple of weeks though I found myself using less and less foundation. Now, I use a little moisturizer to hydrate my skin and a little dab of the BB and I'm good to go (well not counting the makeup steps).
I've also tried the following:
- Smashbox Camera Ready (shade light, spf 35): almost a little too light for me, but really seems to calm redness after a work out.
- Estee Lauder's BB cream (#1 light): the fragrance is too strong for me, it's a fresh scent and all...just too much for my taste.
- Too Faced (Cream Glow, spf 20): I really like this one a lot...it would be my favorite, except for the shimmer in it. I like a little shimmer now and then, but not every day.
- Skin 79: (BB pink mini set): Admittedly I was warned (via another blog) that this is better on Asian skin. The product comes from Korea, and it was a good price so I gave it a shot...it just didn't work on my skin tone.
- Origins (shade 1): Just received a sample of this from their counter the other day. I love the scent it has a little fruity/sweet but light and fades quickly. The coverage is very light compared to the others I've tried, but good for an all natural kind of day. They do come in six shades which is more options than anyone else is offering right now.
- Clarins also has their Beauty Balm, which has no tint and no spf. I love this product because you can put it on before your makeup, or later in the day you can rehydrate your face by gently patting this product into your skin...they don't market it as a BB cream, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway.