Sunday, August 16, 2015

too snarky for inner peace?

I enjoy my evening walks in nature, I do.  Right up until some joggers decide to run around me (it's not like I'm in the middle of the road, I hug the edge), or some mom with a stroller decides to pick up her pace right as I'm about to go around her.  So, for the most part I really like my walks.

I wanted to bring my mindfulness up a notch though. I downloaded the "Stop, Breathe & Think" app for my phone.  They have a "mindful walk" meditation and I decided to listen to it while walking.  Be more in the moment, not irritated by my fellow walkers.  As I listened to the app, I took time to breathe deep, and look at my surroundings.  I was looking to the sky and the trees and missed the sprinkler and tripped...didn't fall though, caught myself.  Then as I was supposed to be focusing on my breath and the scents around me I noticed that I was passing by the bathrooms...so not focusing on the scents over there!

I switched over to the "gratitude" meditation...and it was working for me.  Then this kid with training wheels caught up with me and started yelling at his parents to hurry up...at that point all I could feel gratitude for was the fact I did not have children.

I am a work in progress.  I do like the app, it's free and has a bunch of options for list of meditations.  Most tell you to be seated, but the ones I listened to were good while walking.

What do you listen to? Have you tried any meditation apps? Are you innerly peaceful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!