Thursday, August 27, 2015

Five stretches for a good night's sleep

Now that I've been working out more, I seem to have found some additional muscles that I didn't know I had.  So right before bed and first thing in the morning I've been adding some stretches to help with any stiffness or soreness.  These are some of my favorites (bonus being that you don't even need to get out of bed to do them).

Keep in mind that I'm not a doctor or a yoga instructor...I've just found that these combos have been working for me.

In any order:

1. Legs against a wall: helps to lower heart rate 
2. Pigeon: hip opener
3. Bridge pose: calms brain, improves circulation
4. Cat and Cow: good for posture, relieves stress
5. Child's pose and or Happy Baby: both good for calming body and mind
Again, I'm not a professional or anything, I just know these feel good and I've been getting to sleep easier and it's a nice way to wake up in the morning. Go ahead and check with a Doc, do what you need to do...it's the only body you've got!

If you need info on how to do these poses, or want more info on the benefits I found this website helpful: cnyhealingarts   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!