Monday, May 21, 2012

pretty/esthetic

aesthetics, esthetics
a branch of philosophy dealing with beauty and the beautiful.



In my International Dermal Institute class today we talked about some of the terms they like to use, such as skin therapist instead of esthetician,  because as skin therapists we treat the skin and the skin's conditions. Now, it's not that I don't like dealing with beauty...but offering to treat the skin does sound a little more professional.

My class went really well today.  I'm attending the International Three Day Skin Care Technique class, which is quite the mouthful and quite a bit of material too.  I got a mini facial today while we practiced the double cleanse, it was so relaxing that I can't wait for tomorrow when we practice the massage part!  

I was a little nervous at first (my last attempt at a facial was during a practical interview...and it did not go well), so I knew going in that I was a little rusty.  Luckily most of the class seemed to feel the same. Our instructor, Jennifer is great!  She is really patient, and great at going step by step to make sure all of us are getting it right.  

If you, or anyone you know is taking esthetician or skin care classes and feel that they need some continuing education I would highly recommend IDI...and I'm paying for these classes (not getting paid to say nice things).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!