Sunday, May 20, 2012

pretty and historical too!



I love a good history book, nerdy but true. Put beauty and history together and I'm definitely up to reading it...which brings me to "Inventing Beauty" by Teresa Riordan.  It's got lots of info on how things came to be, plus plenty of old advertisements and images that had been submitted to the patent office.

Can I just say how relieved I am that I live in a age of sports bras and other underthings designed for comfort?  I can't imagine how it would've ever been a good idea to craft a bra out of sheet metal, cardboard, or rubber! And although I'm not much of a lipstick wearer myself, it's crazy the original contraptions that were created to house a simple lipstick. This book is full of all kinds of insights and anecdotes to really show us how far we've come beauty wise...but I'm so curious to see what happens when they can update this in a few years to show us how crazy we are now.


a little from the book
a little from the past


and a little from the now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!