Tuesday, May 1, 2012

pretty lovely lashes (updated 5/30)



Oh mascara, it is one of my favorite things to purchase and/or receive as a sample.  I love new mascara like I love new toothbrushes (I have a weird thing about new toothbrushes, I guess I like them super fresh...whatevs).

My current favorites

  • Lancome's Hypnose Doll Lashes: the pointy end helps get the outside, inside and bottom lashes.
  • Benefit "They're Real!": Makes lashes look super long, and has a little round end to add a little extra wherever you need it. 
  • Buxom: Full and very natural looking. 
These are my yet-to-be-tried mascaras:
  • Tarte's Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, I like other Tarte products with their Amazonian Clay, so it might be worth a try.
  • Benefit's Bad Gal in Plum, it's been a while since I've had a colored mascara and Benefit doesn't usually let me down.


Handy mascara tip: When you first pull the wand from the tube, gently wipe the tip on the back of your hand. This will help to avoid getting any excess on your face (like near the bridge of your nose or near the inner corners.

mascara favorites






Update: Make any mascara waterproof (please note, that I have not tried this out. I just wanted to share the info)

http://www.mybeautybunny.com/anastasia-beverly-hills-lash-genius-review/

4 comments:

  1. I feel That I am forever searching for the perfect waterproof mascara. While I have fallen for non-waterproof formulations their waterproof counterparts are always a bust. Any cruelty-free waterproof suggestions? The benefit one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarte's Lights, Camera, Splashes! Is waterproof, cruelty free, and comes in biodegradable packaging too. (Retail is about $20)...I'm not big on waterproof mascara, unless you've got a great makeup remover to suggest?

      Delete
    2. I loove Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes but I felt the waterproof version fell short. I'm super picky, my lashes are blonde and point downwards. Great suggestion though, it was one of the better ones i've tried. I use Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish to remove waterproof eye makeup. I used to use Maybelline's waterproof Mascara remover, which worked amazing, but I wen't cruelty-free. Let me know if u have any other ideas.
      x

      Delete
    3. I will keep an eye out. Luckily more and more brands are going cruelty free these days. I'd never heard of Liz Earle, I will have to check it out.

      Delete

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!