Oh mascara, it is one of my favorite things to purchase and/or receive as a sample. I love new mascara like I love new toothbrushes (I have a weird thing about new toothbrushes, I guess I like them super fresh...whatevs).
My current favorites
- Lancome's Hypnose Doll Lashes: the pointy end helps get the outside, inside and bottom lashes.
- Benefit "They're Real!": Makes lashes look super long, and has a little round end to add a little extra wherever you need it.
- Buxom: Full and very natural looking.
These are my yet-to-be-tried mascaras:
- Tarte's Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, I like other Tarte products with their Amazonian Clay, so it might be worth a try.
- Benefit's Bad Gal in Plum, it's been a while since I've had a colored mascara and Benefit doesn't usually let me down.
Handy mascara tip: When you first pull the wand from the tube, gently wipe the tip on the back of your hand. This will help to avoid getting any excess on your face (like near the bridge of your nose or near the inner corners.
Update: Make any mascara waterproof (please note, that I have not tried this out. I just wanted to share the info)