Monday, May 28, 2012

pretty nice picnic with Sabrina


The Hollywood Forever Cemetery began it's summer season of hosting films on Saturday.  It's the first time I've ever attended but it won't be the last...

Arriving before sunset we set up our little picnic on  the grass.  Wine and little nibbles of puff pastry with mini cupcakes to finish, it was so much fun.  The crowd seems huge and everyone is caught up in their own little world.  Social, but not too social...just what I enjoy.  Add in my all time favorite Audrey Hepburn movie and I was one happy camper.  



Walking in to the cemetery was a really unique experience.  I've never in my life seen or imagined graves like these.  As it gets darker, it's very peaceful and not at all creepy (although I imagine that when they are showing a scary movie that it could be a different experience all together).  There was a little chill in the air that evening, but my blanket kept me cozy and there was something about seeing the film with all those people that made it so enjoyable.  I came to the realization on the way home that I really like the love stories that older movies tell.  Sabrina, and The Thrill of a Romance are two of my most loved love stories.  Oh the simpler times!

I would so highly recommend this as an outing should you find yourself in LA. For more info check out:  Cinespia




2 comments:

  1. I've heard of this. It sounds like a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd say it, but I had a great time in the cemetery! :)

      Delete

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!