Saturday, December 26, 2015

Winter...even in southern Calfornia

Ok, I get that compared to other parts of the world I shouldn't really be complaining about the weather and I'm not really. My complaint is with my skin...somehow despite my best efforts to take care of it I've ended up with an obnoxious little red irritated patch of dry skin in the center of my face!  

Not sure if it's the combo of cooler air outside and warm dry air inside, if I'm not staying hydrated enough or if one of my little samples was just not right for me.  The hardest part of skin care has to be patience when something goes wrong.

I alternated between using Dermalogica's Barrier Repair and good old Aloe Vera.  Still took a few days to clear up, and when I felt a tiny bit more confident (and when it was getting a little flaky) I added an exfoliant to the mix (Dermalogica's Microfoliant).  At night I'd use a layer of Eminence Organic's Linden Calendula Treatment for dry/dehydrated skin and make sure my humidifier was on.  I've tried to up my tea intake as it's been too chilly for my usual large glass of iced water.  

winter skin helpers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!