I think I'd like to go back to that. As my 35th birthday is approaching I'm very aware of the fact that this is just not my season. This particular time of year hits me pretty hard (as it has for the last several years). Call it what you want "holiday blues" or whatever, I just find that for me everything begins a downhill slide after Halloween and doesn't necessarily pick up until sometime in the new year.
I'd like to be cheerful for everyone and go out and celebrate and have fun for my birthday, but the further we get into the November/December holiday crush the more it seems like too much effort. 2016 then will be the year I bring back the Unbirthday.
My reasoning behind picking an Unbirthday:
- I am more of a summer person.
- Summer has better holidays (4th of July fireworks beat Thanksgiving turkey).
- It stays lighter later (I'm not adjusting to this time change well).
- I prefer iced tea to pumpkin spice anything.
- I'm not fond of the November birthstone (Topaz).
- Better beach and brunch weather.
- Alice in Wonderland is one of my all time favorite Disney movies.