Tuesday, June 19, 2012

pretty booked up (my book pile)

Someone suggested that I start reading the Game of Thrones series, and offered to let me borrow their set...then I looked around and realized that my current TBR (to be read) pile is growing at an alarming rate...

Right now I'm reading:

"On Hitler's Mountain", by Irmgard A. Hunt.

A little German girl growing up during World War II.  As a small child she really only knows about war and nazis from what she hears from the adults around her.  It' an interesting perspective.







"The Skinny", by Melissa Clark and Robin Aronson

Basically, a diet book that talks about how to eat instead of what.  Rather than telling you how much kale and tofu to eat, it talks about eating what you want (in moderation of course).






 "How to Master the Art of Selling", by Tom Hopkins

I understand that selling and retail will most likely be a large part of my       occupation (once I find a job again).  So in an effort to be a better salesperson, I picked this up.

It's pretty much just what it says. I'm still not quite sure what I think about it.




"Hope in a Jar, The Making of America's Beauty Culture" by Kathy Peiss

Another beauty history book, this has a focus on products and how makeup went from being forbidden (only daring women and prostitutes dared to wear in public) to being something we can use everyday.







Have you read anything interesting lately? What's next on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!