Monday, June 18, 2012

getting pretty sweaty...as seen on TV

So after my recent struggle with my pants, and with the super evil "bodyshapers"...I opted to to try "The Belly Burner" (as seen on TV!!) Now, admittedly I seem to somehow have missed their infomercials in between all the ones for Insanity and the Brazilian Butt Lift.  I went online and Googled "weight loss belt" this one had decent reviews and I had a 20% off coupon for Bed, Bath & Beyond...so there you go.

Oh my! The good ole days.
I've been to the gym twice with it on now (as discreetly as possible beneath my top).  It does really seem to heat up the area around my belly.  I can feel the sweat starting to form as I hit about 7 minutes on the elliptical.  It for sure heats up my core temperature (or feels like it anyway).  There doesn't appear to offer too much info on how it works, just basically that "The special Neoprene cell fabric creates a sauna around your mid-section, melting inches off your waist." (From The Belly Burner box).  I assume that I'm just losing water weight...but I'm at the point where an inch is an inch (not that I've measured inches, I'm just hoping my pants will fit better soon).  My two trips were a little spread out (a Friday and Monday)...so, I'm going to give it a little more time.  It doesn't bother me to wear it to the gym; however there were several reviews on Amazon saying that the belt stained their gym shirts (I just wear dark shirts with it anyway because it would show through a light shirt and I'm self conscious about that).

My heart goes out to anyone out there fighting with their pants!! (My pants are so not invited to the pants party!) heehee ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!