Sunday, June 24, 2012

Online dating made me feel pretty (for like a minute)

Meet Singles in your Area!!

One night a couple of months back the little "Single" message popped up, and I decided on a whim to go ahead and make a profile and see who was out there...and I'll admit, it was a nice little ego boost at first.

I posted a couple of pics (one even without a stitch of makeup) and was pretty honest in my about me section.  The gentlemen seemed to appreciate it.  I got messages telling me that I was beautiful, hot, cute, funny...all kinds of things that are nice to hear/read about yourself.  It felt good, and I proceeded to chat with a few prospects.  This is where I found out that perhaps the online dating scene was not for me.

Bossy&Clueless: We went for a drink at a local Chili's...he admired my nails and said "I like when girls paint their nails...you should paint them red." (I don't even own a red polish).  Shortly after we met, I lost my job.  A day later he asked me out, if I didn't have to work that day.  Dude! Pay attention, I just got fired!  These things plus the fact that I almost fell out of my chair scooting away from him on our date were clear indicators that he was not the man for me.

TheVanishingAct: We chatted online, we exchanged numbers, we texted and then one day he was gone.  Was it something I said? I reviewed my notes, I couldn't figure it out.  Then almost three weeks later, he sends me a very sincere apology, so we began talking again.  Three days later he's pulled the missing person act again. No thank you sir.

SplitPersonality:  Sweet and attentive. It felt like we were really getting to know each other.  We talked about jobs, friends, family and all sorts of other things. We even set up a date.  We became facebook friends...and as I perused his facebook I began to wonder if this was the same guy.  The pics matched, but his facebook was filled with pics of hot, mostly naked, tatted up women... most of which he referred to as "my future wife".  The Saturday before our date he too became a missing person and I haven't heard from him since.  

BlahBlahBlah:  We've run out of things to chat about, actually we ran out of things to talk about a week ago but he continues to text me daily.  Yesterday I decided to ignore his text, I just didn't have anything to say.  Later that day he called me out on ignoring him. Come on guy, let's face it...we don't click.  There's nothing there to fight for, or fight over.  Oi!

 I think I will take my chances elsewhere.

Do you know anyone that online dating worked for?  Have you ever tried it?  Where does one meet new people?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!