Monday, June 1, 2015

Beach Day Prep

Bolsa Chica, CA 


June 1st and my first official beach day of the summer!  I will take a beach day over just about any other kind of day.

The night before a beach day is best for shaving the legs and underarm (trying to do these things day of will most likely result in skin irritation...and if you end up with a nick--ouch).  Currently using Lush-Prince Triple Orange Blossom Shaving Cream (I choose to get the smaller size which retails about $14.00).  

Day of: I start with sunscreen before anything else. For sunscreen, I like Sun Bum and Ocean Potion; I figure before you put your swim suit on you can better reach all your spots and places.  Don't forget the toes! Then come the swim suit and cover up.  

Into my bag goes: a large beach towel/blanket (for laying on) and a normal (smaller) towel for drying off. Additional sunscreen (now is when I opt for the spray on kind). I also like to bring a face sunscreen and keep it in my cooler (makes it nice cool and refreshing).  Sunglasses (an older pair that won't make me cry if it gets scratched or carried off by a wave).  Small cosmetic bag for cash, ID and keys. 

Snacks/drinks: I like to have a sandwich place pack me a sandwich, bring chips to share and generally a fruit of some kind: watermelon, pineapple, strawberries.  Also a large container of water (I like to fill it with ice too).  For the 21 and over crowd: Those little frozen daiquiri-juice pouches draw much less attention than red party cups.  Vodka spiked watermelon goes over well. For additional ideas may I suggest searching Pinterest for Beach Drinks? ***Proceed with caution though and keep an eye out for beach cops.

Any beach tips or treats that you'd like to share?

Aloha and cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!