Saturday, December 22, 2012

my non new year's resolutions

I think we can all pretty much agree that all our vows to eat healthy, exercise regularly, and volunteer our time to charity are all noble goals...that we don't really end up keeping.  Yet each year we feel like we get a bit of a do-over. This year though, I'm just going to get a jump start on the new year and instead of resolving to be the best version of me, I'm just going to put some intentions out there and hope for the best.. No start dates (certainly not January first), and no deadlines... Here we go:


not quite...heehee
I'm going to find a way to remotivate myself to exercise.  A long time ago it was easy for me to pop over to the gym on my way home from work, but it's been a while since I've been exercising on regular basis.  I've got a meeting with a personal trainer next week (day after Christmas) to try and help with the matter.  Other than that my upcoming plans to get moving are to try a trampoline class...they've just opened a Sky Zone in my area and I saw a clip of their aerobics class (SkyRobics) and it looked like fun. 

I'd also like to give some horseback riding a try...I've only been a couple of times, but I love it.





To bring out my inner Katniss I'll also give archery a shot over withPasadena Roving Archers, I've got some friends that will check that out with me.



I'm not going to stress too much over food.  I try to be healthy, but have my lapses (especially right now with all the baked goodies and candies around).  So yeah, that will get back to normal-ish after a bit.


A little goat friend from The Gentle Barn, how could you not wanna help out this guy?

As for making the world a better place I will continue to donate to places like The Gentle Barn, and my local humane society (where I picked up my charming lil' monster Mitch).  The Beauty Bus Foundation is something I'd like to be involved with.

I'd like to become a better planner.  I want to get together with friends and plan outings and such.  There are things I like to do, but I generally just wait for someone else to make the plans. 

I'm going to continue with my continuing education...I like classes and school, who knew?  I've decided I'd like to take an online class about Effective Selling, because sales looks like it is to be a part of my life...I'm also looking into classes about computers, because I'd like to be more computer savvy.  Skin care and make up classes are still on my to-do list.  And a cooking class or two...too!


New Year's Resolutions haven't worked for me, have they worked for you?  What's on you to-do/to-try/or to-consider list? 

Cheers!~~tami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!