Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dilemma in the beauty aisle

So my resolution for 2014 (I only made one, so as not to lose focus...and I because I'm a bit of a quitter) was to only purchase beauty products that are cruelty free.  The first week was a breeze (as I did not need anything). 

Then came the eighth of January.  I was out of chapstick.  I didn't have one on me at work, and by the end of the day my lips were chapped big time.  I tried to drink lots of water and even spread some hand lotion over my lips.  It did not help.

I was at the drugstore and looked around at the lip products.  My eyes spied Maybelline's Baby Lips.  I had tried it before and really liked it.  I picked it up.  I held it in my hand.  Then I realized I couldn't purchase it.  I fought with myself in the beauty aisle.  I had the whole angel/devil shoulder dilemma going on.  "Just get it...it's one little thing." said the one..."YOU will know...every time you put it on" said the other.

I put it back.  I ended up with a Burt's Bee's product.  I don't love it, it's only okay.  My options were limited in this particular store at this particular time.  It's okay though, because in the end I felt good about my choice, and I now have something to keep in my desk at work...so I won't have the same problem again any time soon.

Do you have any resolutions this year?? How are they going?

Good luck to you!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!