Thursday, May 15, 2014

my week in review...work rants and product raves

The last couple of days have been kind of rough work wise.  My boss and I had a sit down that brought me to tears...more out of frustration than anything else.  She went on about how much she appreciates what I do, and that I'm someone she depends on and all that I do doesn't go unnoticed...which is all very well and good, but I just wanted to work out a more reasonable schedule.  To me reasonable is an eight hour day (more on occasion if necessary), but she just didn't seem to get it.  I don't know how better to explain it...we're just not seeing eye to eye right now.  I'm not sure what to do from here.

The good news is, I was wearing Urban Decay's All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray and after putting it on at 6:30 in the morning, wearing it all day and crying a little...my makeup stayed in place!  All you do is mist on your face after your makeup application and voila!  I picked up the trial size at ULTA, and am totally happy with the purchase (especially in this insane heat we've been having...100 degrees at 6pm!).  I would have given the NYX version a shot, but it was out of stock that day.

I've been keeping up with Pilates and doing weekly sessions with Becky at Equilibrium Fitness in La Verne. I feel like I've become more aware of my posture, especially that my shoulder are always super tense apparently.  Last week I also visited the Ricciolo Salon (located next door to Equilibrium) because my eyebrows were out of control...and sometimes they just need a pro with a lighted magnifying glass.  The salon is nice, the staff was friendly and they took me as a sweaty walk-in no problem.

How do you deal with work stress?  Have you have any new go to products you're loving?
Let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers~~Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!