Saturday, August 29, 2015

Disconnect to Reconnect

Oh Facebook, what would we do without you?  We can check in on people and always know what they're up too...who has kids, who has dog-kids, who loves their life, and who is airing their dirty laundry (generally rather passive aggressively).  We get caught up in it, I get caught up in it.  Sometimes we need to remember to keep in mind that FB is really only what others want for us to see (in some cases, in other cases people put it ALL out there!).

That being said, be sure to check out Prettypalooza on Facebook...I'm up to about 20 likes, cause I'm kind of a big deal.

In the past couple of weeks though, I've been contacted by a couple of people who I had lost touch with (in real life).  One was a person that I'd been in school with pretty much the entire of K-12.  The other was a former co-worker who I used to hang out with a lot...but then you know, life got in the way.  I guess it's what some would call an "A-ha!" moment, where I realized that there was more going on in our lives than FB would have me believe.  Sometimes we do just need to carve out some time to sit with each other and connect person to person...like when something isn't working and you turn it off then turn it back on.  

While catching up you may learn that not only does she
not exercise, but also that she's never
had any official dance training.  
I dare you to meet up with someone sometime soon in real life and spend some time really catching up.  Phones only for showing a couple of pics here and there and maybe setting a timer if you only found 2 hour parking.  (Bonus points if you are having such a nice visit that you have to go move your car, because that's what I had to do!).  


Cheers to you, and have some fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pretty please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!